Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goodbye America, Hello Deutschland

For the past 722 days, America has been my home and in 56.5 hours I get on a plane to Deutschland. According to the United States Army, Germany will be my home for the next year. I never planned on living in Germany, but now that I am married it is kind of important to b with your husband. Brandon asked to be stationed there two years of with hopes of traveling throughout Europe. As soon as he moved there he found out his unit was getting deployed to Iraq. Yay, Deployment #2 over and done with!

Exactly, 27 days after our wedding ceremony I will be leaving Fresno. Home of the Bulldogs, neighbor of Selma( raison capitol of the world) too officially begin my life together with Brandon. This will officially be the first time in our relationship that will not be a part of the virtual, cyber world.

I drove Brandon to the San Francisco International Airport last Friday. We had plans that I would leave the US within in a day or so following him. On his orders we had the understanding that the Army was going to pay for my airline ticket. Only hitch was that we would have to drive to the nearest Army base to get the ticket. Nearest Army base to Fresno, CA; Fort, Irwin. If you look on google maps Ft. Irwin is about 45 miles into the desert from good ole' Barstow, CA. So after the honeymoon we hopped in the Jetta to Ft. Irwin only to find that the ticketing office we needed to see was closed!!! CLOSED!!!! So, we got on the phone with Luthansa and made reservations for me to leave Thursday, July 9th @ 2pm from SFO.


Bailey. The real hold up that is keeping me from leaving when Brandon did. She is my four year old Shih-Tzu dog moving to Germany with me. I got Bailey when I lived in Thailand and she is one cool pup that wears a funnel 24/7. Sophisticated world traveler. Truthfully, I am waiting for the Fed-Ex guy to show up by Wednesday with her travel documents getting her an all access pass into the European Union.

After being in the friendly skies for ten hours of my adult life, I expect to land in a cooler, wet, green climate. The best thing about getting off plane will be being picked up by my fabulous husband and make my way to military issued housing. My life will officially start as the Yost's Living off Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment